CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Great Weekend

How can you not have a great weekend with weather like this!! As I wrote last post Derick and I were going out Friday night once again with no kids! We ended up going to Crazy Horse in Holland with my sister Melissa and her soon to be "hubby" Jason, after a great dinner we ( or should I say Derick and Jason) decided that we could not stay there for drinks due to the fact that they did not get the Tigers game. After a little brain storming of where to go next we ended up at Pappeno's in Allendale, well if you know me at all I love to play pull tabs and they happen to have them so I was thrilled with the choice of bars! After putting $10 into this little machine and winning not a whole lot I decided that I would try one more 5 for the night, Thank goodness b/c in that bunch of tickets was the big winner!! $150!! What a way to end a great night!!!

This weekend we tried to do things a little different with the girls. As some of you know that I am the nap notzi at our house, well Saturday was such a nice day and all the neighbor kids were outside that we just let them play and boy did they have fun!! By the end of the night everyone was very dirty and tired since they did not get a nap on Friday also. Derick and I were a little nervous how they would handle this but they were so happy that they could keep playing that they were on their best behavior! On Sunday afternoon we made them lay down for a while and promised them they could get on their bathing suits after nap, after an afternoon of myself sitting in the sun I was fried and needing some frozen yogurt from Country Sundae, so we had our first trip to the ice cream shop on Sunday and also the kids took there first dip in the pool. Life doesn't get any better then that!!

Derick and I were talking on the deck tonight that maybe no nap a few times a week is a wonderful thing b/c at night we have the advantage on them that they are more tired then us!!! Hope you all were able to get out and enjoy this awesome weather!!!

0 comments: